Sunday, October 09, 2005

Three Strikes (Maybe More) and You are Out.....

Today was not as tranquil as the photo above. I do like the photo though. Sunset. Today will be named, "The Day That Shouldn't Have Happened." Fortunately my company today was great and entertaining. OK, let me explain the craziness. Hannah, Sean, and I headed to the "Crying Baby Sumo Festival". It was a short train ride away. Stike1; we show up at the station and there isn't a taxi to take us to the festival, so we start walking. Eventually Lauren and Belinda drive by and pick us up on the side of the road. We then arrive at the festival and it is completely over. So I can't really describe the event. It was dubbed as having babies dressed up in sumo outfits put into a small sumo ring and the one that cries first loses. Funny, I thought sumo wrestlers were dressed up as babies??? Go figure! So we pile into the car and proceed to Wakayama Marina for a boat race. Strike2: we get to the marina and there isn't a boat race. However there is a small amusement park that looks like Europe. They ask a huge fee just to get in; $30. We pass on the park and wander around; eventually eating some snacks and looking at a display custom built Japanese home. They are trying to sell them. We then venture into the city and Strike 3: sit in traffic forever. I then decided to take photos of a penis shaped suspension bridge. Interesting. I think I'm lonely. We get to the city and decide to go to the "supposedly" best pizza joint in town. We arrive and guess what? Strike 4; they aren't open to the public until later in the evening; private party or something. We end up at a good chinese restaurant though. It's like we couldn't get a break today even if we had offered to pay millions for it. Crazy! Even though things went amiss, I was in fantastic company. Me, Lauren, and Hannah sitting in traffic. Not pictured; Sean and Belinda.
Need I explain this photo??? Click here to see the random album. You must read the titles to understand the repetition of photos and the oddity of the day.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:54 PM

    I'm first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Being first doesn't count if you don't say anything other than that! Cheater!! :o)

    Fun pics Mercedes... I agree and think you're getting lonely.. don't worry, Rich will be there in nine days... hold on gurl! You can make it!

    Would have liked to see more of the model home... how was it? Was it ridiculously expensive?

    I'm glad to hear you made it throught hte day no worse for the wear... keep your head up and I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Rough day homie... But it still beats sitting in a cube!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:03 PM

    But just think- it will probably be one of the days you'll remember the most! And, I agree with Kanj. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Just stopped by-- I would loke to hear more about Iwade... I know someone there... Too bad about the the you had. Peace

    ReplyDelete