Today a very kind salesman came to our school. He was selling wakame, basically seaweed. In America this type of sales person would immediately be turned away. Anyway this man came with his home grown mess of seaweed. He's holding it up in the picture above. The seaweed, also pictured below (sorry poor quality photos; camera phone again), is in salt. You then take this salted wakame and put it in water to hydrate it. He then added some sweet vinegar and served us all samples trying to tempt us to buy it. I tried the sample. It wasn't bad, but not something I wanted to purchase. It looked like seaweed that you see in the ocean. Really pretty and plastic like, very green. It had kind of a gelatin texture and the flavor was very different. I was just proud of myself for trying it and finishing the entire sample. The salesman was very happy that I was so interested in his goods and that I took the time to photograph it. Many people purchased the wakame, so he must do a good job. I think my school finds me of great amusement because silly things like the wakame salesman intrigue and delight me.
Sarah thinks this photo looks a little bit like Australia. What a creative mind she has!
Holy cow... that is TOTALLY what I was thinking... hehe... I was like 'Wow... they shaped that seaweed into the shape of Australia... funny'
ReplyDeleteI've had seaweed before... it's an interesting taste for sure... not bad but I don't think I'd run out to the store for some if I was hungry for a snack.
Keep up the good work on the blog Mercedes... It's awesome!
I thought it looked like a camel's head!
ReplyDelete