I still have much more to post about our trips to Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, and Himeji. However, I had to post these two funny photos and this little story. For those of us that live here in Japan, it is an all too familiar site to see kids pumping other kids on the back of their granny bikes. We see it daily. I had forgotten that it's not all that common now in the states. So when we were in Osaka, Rich and Scott pointed out how there were many couples pumping each other on bikes (OK, that sounds dirty, but you know what I mean by pumping). Rich decided that it was dating; Osaka style. This method of transportation was cheaper than the trains or a taxi. The girls typically stood on pegs on the back wheels. The boys didn't have to fork out extra cash to get around town. Plus it's exercise.
So Rich's last night in town and I only have two bikes to get three of us to the sushi restaurant. We decided to take a risk and go Osaka style. It worked and surprisingly we didn't break the bike. It wasn't all that uncomfortable either. Thanks Scott for snapping the silly photos.
That's funny! Are you sure that the bike never tipped over once? Kidding of course. I'm so glad to hear that you had such an awesome birthday! We miss you!
ReplyDelete