
In my opinion, one of the best places to visit in Kyoto is Fushimi Inari. It has about 10,000 torii (sacred gate; normally painted an orange color). The torii make an endless walkway through the grounds. It is amazing to see. The shrine also has many fox statues. The fox is regarded as the sacred messenger of the deities of this shrine. It symbolizes the fruitful years of harvesting rice. We had a great experience here. When we arrived at the shrine, there was a beautiful ceremony taking place. Women played koto, flutes, and sang. They also did a dance. Sorry no photos were allowed. Rich mentioned that it was amazing to see such a thing on my birthday. Definitely it will be one of my most memorable birthdays. Click here to see the photos.
I am SO coming to visit! How does March or April sound? :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mercedes,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to thank you for a great time and for being so gracious. I had an incredible time and as you know can't wait to come back.
Miss ya already!
Oh.. Rich and I made it home safe and sound... this flight had the cool little t.v.'s with the oersonal remotes like you had... you were right.. VERY fun and cool, made the flight SO much nicer.
I should coordinate a trip with Nicole! (are you free around March 11-19?)
ReplyDeleteNicole and Susan, please feel free to come. I don't have any plans for that time frame. I could definitely take a few days off. You should both come.
ReplyDelete