
I planned a very crazy weekend excursion to Kyoto for my birthday. Basically Rich arrived on a Wednesday evening and then we ran off to Kyoto on Thursday evening. I really didn't give him or Scott a chance to even deal with jet lag. Needless to say the first morning in Kyoto, Rich was up bright and early. He and I snuck out of our hotel room (we shared a room with Scott and Sarah) and was on the street at 5:45 AM. We walked probably over 5 miles. It was a very different way to view Kyoto. Traffic was slow and the city was quiet. We really had a great time. We stumbled upon Higashi Honganji Temple and was one of the only people inside. It had an amazing water feature; an elaborate dragon. Eventually we made it back to the hotel. Even though we were up at a crazy hour, I had a great time and will never forget those early morning hours exploring Kyoto. Click here to see photos of our early morning trisk.
No comments:
Post a Comment