Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cap Shawl Hotel

When my friend Hannah says the word "capsule", I swear that I hear the words "cap shawl". It cracked me up all weekend. We stayed in a really cool onsen/capsule hotel in Sapporo. Pictured above is the hallway. The little square hatches you see behind are the doors to the capsules. The top left one has a screen covering it. That's how you know someone is sleeping in it. You pull down a little blind to block out the light. This is the view from the hatch. On the left is a control panel for a radio, TV, and alarm clock.
This is what it looks like when you lay down; notice my foot. On the left is a TV and to the right is the hatch doorway. The entire thing is like a plastic square. It's a very interesting way to sleep and I highly recommend that everyone sleep in one at least once in their life.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Ha! Very interesting! I've heard about these, but haven't seen one up close. How expensive is it compared to hotels of the non-cubby hole variety? Can you hear other people snoring and what not? I'm so intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:14 AM

    Funny! I'm so envious that you're in Sapporo - I've always wanted to see the Ice Festival. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Not for the claustrophobic, huh?

    ReplyDelete