I know, the US is referred to as "the States". Rich corrects me all of the time. I've aquired the Japanese way of identifiying where I'm from and my ethnicity as Amerika. In Japan I am classified as Amerika-jin. Anyway this is one period of time that I miss home, especially San Diego. Every fourth of July that I lived in San Diego, we would go to Mission Bay, drink all day, BBQ, and watch the fireworks. It was always fun, even if the day was drama heavy. Last year I remember coaxing Rich not to pass out in someone's front yard and to walk down the street to get a taxi. Ah, good times! This 4th of July was a complete contrast from my happy memories. We both had to work. The only recognition of the day was given by my UK gals. They wished me a happy one, which is funny considering that they are from the country we wanted to declare independence from. Oh also I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (his favorite) to help Rich cope with the loss of the holiday. It's his second favorite holiday; only being surpassed by Thanksgiving. So Happy Fourth of July!Onto other news..... did you see that North Korea fired missles on the 4th. I'm sure only those of you who partied it up on the 4th didn't hear about this nugget of info. North Korea fired 6 missles, 2 of which were long range. Fortunately all of the missles didn't hit anything. They all fell into the Sea of Japan. The closest one was about 300 miles off the coast of Hokkaido. Kind of scary and kind of close. I always knew that North Korea was a threat, especially to Japan. I just hoped that nothing would happen while I was here. Keep your fingers crossed that the UN will smooth things over with diplomacy before the US stretches itself further and declares another war.
Happy 4th to you, Mercedes! :)
ReplyDeleteI miss you two on the fourth as well.... last year was fun and having Rich passing out in my front lawn is something that always makes me laugh.
ReplyDeleteHope you both are doing well.
"What's a little drama between friends?" Remember that?
I would have paid cash to see Rich pass out on the front lawn!
ReplyDelete