It's all a bit fuzzy. There was nomihodai (all you can drink), tabehodai (all you can eat), and ice cream........let's see....bottles breaking, fundraising water balloons being thrown, pure gaijin mayhem.......um......singing, dancing, drinking, and gaijin sleeping in front of konbinis. I'm sure there was much much more.
Last Saturday was the Wakayama JET Sayonara Party. It's been just about a year since I arrived and it was time to say goodbye to those JETs that aren't staying around. We had a nice get together at a beer garden on top of a building in the city. Too bad it rained and we had to sit under a tarp. Eventually we all proceeded to kareoke and then a club. Good times were had by many and some can't quite remember what kind of time was had. Fortunately I captured some photos to help jog everyones memories; click here.
A really cool and nameless gaijin passed out in front of the 7-11. That's Erin trying to get him up. She was unsuccessful.You know that saying, "out with the old and in with the new", that's exactly how I would describe this situation. It's a rotation of JETs. In a few weeks we will have the newbies and I hope that they will be as cool as the friends that I'm loosing to the real world. So it is with a bit of sadness that I post this entry. I have made many good friends that are leaving Japan in the next month. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to properly say goodbye to many of them. I do hope that we keep in touch and meet again someday. How does that song go....."So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, adieu.............

No comments:
Post a Comment