
What you see is a broken computer screen. Rich and I jointly broke it. I typically leave the cap to my Nano cord on the keyboard while I recharge it; in hopes of not loosing the cap. Rich didn't see the cap and accidentally closed the screen. The result is a very messed up monitor. Notice the giant black spot and stripy lines. Makes it a bit difficult to view just about anything. Fortunately the hard drive is OK and we shouldn't (fingers crossed) loose anything. I would think that the monitor is independent to the hard drive. Anyway I backed up everything this morning while I still could. We will now be searching for a monitor to hook up to the laptop or a new laptop. This laptop has definitely paid for itself already. We got it really cheap; $700 with a $200 mail-in rebate. Poor thing has been pushed to the limit though and it's probably time for a new one anyway. Guess I will be computer hunting very soon.
Chuck is sure you didn't lose any data and that you might check and see if you can get a new screen for it. Don''t forget your educator's discount! (oh, that may be macs only)
ReplyDelete