Our new neighbor and Kevin's replacement left Japan faster than a speeding bullet! His name was Richard and he was from Manchester, UK. He arrived last Sunday and he left Friday (roughly 5 days in Japan and not enough time for me to snap a photo). I spoke to him twice. He seemed like a decent fellow. So on Friday I was very surprised to learn that he escaped in the middle of the night; hopping a plane back to the UK. He left a note and that was about it. So Richard ????(last name unknown), the local gaijin welcoming wagon was going to have a little get together to get to know you, but I guess now we will have to have a Sayonara Party for you. So long, farewell, blah, blah, blah...... wish you would have stayed around so we could have at least gotten a proper picture of you for my blog.
Now the question remains...... Who will be our new neighbor?

Hi, Richard here.
ReplyDeleteWish that I had stuck around longer too. I guess I wasn't prepared for Iwade, culture shock and so on, and didn't give it enough time.
I should have asked you guys about it all, but I just felt a bit stupid.
I did ask about coming back the following day but I guess the damage was done. Shame and all that, but all the best to you gaijins.