Sunday, November 26, 2006

Turkey Time @ Tawnee's

Another really cool chika that lives in Wakayama is Tawnee. Tawnee is from Cleveland, Ohio and before coming to Japan she was a teacher. Tawnee is well known for being super friendly, very active, organizing everyone (not just people in our ken) in huge group activities, and having a futon closet full of goodies from America (very important). This year Tawnee organized a Thanksgiving dinner for a group of her friends. She had all of the traditional Thanksgiving favorites (including decorations) and I was amazed that it actually felt like Thanksgiving (minus the Macy's Day Parade and football). Here are some photos commemorating the day.






Thanks Tawnee for making Thanksgiving in Japan special.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:55 AM

    Thanks to all of you for coming! It was great to share Thanksgiving with you...and thanks to my brutha Rich for carving the bird!! It was the first time I had a Thanksgiving with only friends and no family....but you are all just like family to me! (^o^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Natsukashii! I totally just had an extremely weirded out moment when I (whom you've never met...I was the ALT in Uchita [Now Kinokawa I guess] from 2002-2004 and just found you via Corri's blog...) realized that I myself had thanksgiving in that very same apartment four years ago. Back then, it belonged to my friend Audrey and we baked pumpkin pies in her toaster oven as the special ordered turkey slowly rotated in her microwave/oven.

    Good to see the traditions continue even if the people are all new!

    ReplyDelete