Monday, December 11, 2006

Subtle Marketing; Death

A friend of ours is a huge smoker. Amusingly he was smoking the pictured (above and below) cigarettes; simply called Death Lights. I give the company credit, they aren't misleading their customers as to the effect of smoking. Here's some info about the company. They claim that they are the only company that's completely honest about the dangers of cigarette smoking. Honestly I've never smoked a cigarette b/c I just can't stand the smell. It gets in your hair, clothes, everything. My grandparents smoked when I was little and I didn't realize how stinky (yes in elementary school I was a stinky smoke odor girl) it made me until I moved away from them. When I went back to visit them I always felt gross from the smoke. Fortunately many states are passing laws that prohibit smoking indoors; including bars and restaurants. It was really nice living in California b/c they had that law. You could go out and party all night and not reek. Japan is horrible about the smoke. It's everywhere and everyone does it. They actually have cigarette vending machines on the street here. No one monitors the purchases and age restrictions. I've been told that smoking is the hardest thing to quit. Nicotine is truly an addictive drug. Some people do quit though and I must say congrats to them. I think the other thing that scared me about smoking was seeing photos of smoke damaged lungs and cancerous gums when I was little. There was no way I was ever going to make my body look like that. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment