Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Tale of a Crab, Thai Whiskey, and a Broken Beach Chair

Don't feel like writing much so here's the skinny on this last Thailand post. Went to a full moon party on the beach. Good music, drinks, ocean, sand, lights....... overall fun time.

Had dinner with the only other Americans we encountered on the entire trip, Amy and Matt. They work at an international school in Shanghai. Really nice couple that gave us a ton of information about possible future jobs. Thanks!

Sat down in a beach chair and it ripped. Fortunately I was on the beach and landed on soft sand. I think at this point we were also a bit tipsy and in a festive mood. It was pretty funny. Further investigation showed that the chair was quite old, so no harm done. Oh and NO those cigarette butts don't belong to me. Gross!

Upon searching for a restroom and the bar, Rich encountered the largest hermit crab that I've seen. It was running across the sand back by some bungalows; quite far from the ocean. He picked it up and brought it to me (he obviously knows me well and instead of screaming, I got excited and pulled out my camera). As I snapped a few photos, it scurried back towards the bungalows. I think it had great directional sense and was trying to return to the area it was kidnapped from. Also returning with Rich was the traditional Thai cocktail concoction served in a bucket (seriously a sand bucket) with numerous straws. Could only take a few swigs b/c it was gross; Thai whiskey, coke, Red Bull (I think), and maybe some Sprite. Anyway it wasn't to my liking.

OK that's it. No more vacation photos or stories. Guess I need to find some interesting news to report on.

No comments:

Post a Comment