Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kit Kat Kraziness

Have you ever had a green tea kit kat? OK, I honestly haven't, but I'm in love with the azuki bean flavored Kit Kats. I'm really not a huge chocolate fan, but when I do choose to eat chocolate I tend to go for the more expensive kind. To me Kit Kats are pretty bland and the chocolate is mediocre at best. Well one day Rich bought me an azuki bean Kit Kat. I hesitated trying it, but when I did, I loved it. I couldn't believe the flavor. I sent one to my mom which made her do some research on them. You wouldn't believe how many different flavors they make. I thought it was pretty interesting also what Wikipedia says about the name and it's popularity in Japan. ".... a phenomenon attributed to the coincidental similarity between the bar's name and the Japanese phrase kitto katsu, roughly translating as "I hope you succeed!" This has reportedly led to parents and children buying them for school examination days as a sort of good luck charm. However, transliteration is not always in Nestlé's favour - "kitto katto" (where 'katto' is taken to be a katakana transliteration of the English verb 'cut') is understood to bestow Kit Kat with the less positive significance of "you will definitely miss the cut". As such, gifts of a single kit-kat are a running joke for senior high school students taking the University Entrance Examinations in some areas." No wonder they sell them everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment