Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A bit more knitting

A couple of friends that are remaining in Japan asked me to knit each of them a scarf. Since I have so much free time, I happily agreed. The requested color was bright pink and yellow. I decided the best way to include both colors was to buy a multi-color yarn. Unbeknownst to me, there is a great little yarn shop about 4 blocks from my apartment (wish I had known about it sooner). I came across this yarn by John Lennon (not really made by him). Thought it was amusing that Yoko Ono uses his image (a great big picture on the label) to market yarn. I began knitting it and quickly fell in love with it. I think it maybe hard to relinquish the scarf to the intended owner. So here's the deal that I've struck in my head. I have 6 days left, if I see her she will get the scarf. If not, then it's MINE, MINE, MINE.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I think it would be so much fun to poke around a Japanese yarn shop. Hope you get to keep the scarf! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Yay- I love seeing you knitting!

    ReplyDelete