Monday, July 16, 2007

Due to circumstances beyond our control.............

(and I mean really beyond our control) we will be moving to Dallas, Texas (where everything is bigger). I know, it's shocking! For those that don't already know, Rich's mom has been ill and in the hospital. We feel that we need to be close to her right now (also my family is in Oklahoma, so I'll get to spend time with them). So we will find a place in Dallas. Ideally Rich and I thought that we would land back in San Diego after our time in Japan. We love SD; it's beautiful, the vibe is good, the climate is great, the people are nice (and overall comparatively not as fat as Dallas residents), and it's more liberal (at least the state of Cali is). Things will be OK though. It's taken me a few days to digest the idea, but I've accepted it and I am actually looking forward to our move to Texas. Fortunately Dallas has a lot to offer; running clubs, organic groceries, a good night life, and many mom and pop shops and restaurants (we prefer to support mom and pop places over chain establishments). Don't know how long we will be living in Dallas and as Rich puts it, "if we hate it, we can move again". I think we are kind of transient people and feel that we can change our situation if we are truly unhappy. We are currently living by the motto, "playing it by ear". So I enter this new phase positive and hopefully Dallas will win me over just as SD did (fingers double crossed).

More random data I found to support SD: SD is a Cardio Capital for men, in the top 25 cities for a Healthy Pregnancy, top 10 Best Walking City.

5 comments:

  1. Bummmer, man! We were looking forward to you being back here in SD. Oh well...maybe next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:15 PM

    Hi Mercedes,

    I'm sorry to hear you won't be coming back to SD.

    I know I've been MIA for a while since work here in DC has been hectic but I check in every once in a while and keep tabs on you two.

    Rich, I hope everything is ok and that you're doing well. Take care of your Mom, I'm sure she appreciates you two being close.

    I'll be back in SD in August as well and hopefully we'll stay in touch and get together someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Say it ain't so. Neither of you seem like the Texas type. But at leat you'll have Rich and Jessica, lovin it. I'll keep the spare room in my new place open for when you just can't take it anymore.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Sad! Oh well, I'm sure you'll come back to Cali for visits, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:31 AM

    PS: At least you'll be able to add a (D) to Texas! ;)

    ReplyDelete