Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fun in the Sun

This past weekend I headed to Tottori with Lara and Lucas for an all weekend beach party despite the weather forecast of rain, rain, and more rain. In fact, when I left Wakayama it was raining. Fortunately the predicted weather was wrong and we ended up with beautiful sunny weather. The San In Beach Party was all that I expected it to be. There was a wide range of music played for about 24 hours straight for 3 days. I camped on the beach and had a great spot near the water. Ended up with two newly arrived Swedish boys who thought that they were at the Playboy mansion as my tent neighbors. Even though it was a party, I opted for a more mellow weekend of lounging on the beach and just chilling out. On Saturday we headed to Sakyu, the famous sand dunes in Tottori. This place is amazing and truly worth the trip. I have never been to a desert or seen so much sand before. They even have camels to give it a more Sahara feel. We ended up hiking around and eventually taking a swim in the ocean to the amazement of the many Japanese tourists (and the pleasure of one perverted old man with a camera). I highly recommend you try to attend this event if you are in Japan next July. The photos don't really do the trip justice (for some reason I didn't really spend a lot of time focusing on good shots and the results show; Sorry).

No comments:

Post a Comment