Thursday, July 12, 2007

In my copious amount of free time........

...... I have been knitting. I wanted a quick knit that I could accomplish easily in a few hours and that I could give as a sayonara gift. I decided that I would knit Cricket's Technicolor Techno-Cozy from the Stitch 'n Bitch book. Ideally I wanted to create a small bag to hold a keitai or an iPod. The pattern actually created a much larger bag than I intended, so I scaled it down. I also started using Velcro for the closure, but eventually switched to snaps. The pattern also called for a decorative button, but I couldn't find any that I liked, so I used some wooden beads. I knitted the cozys in a variety of summer colors. In the end, I believe I knitted about 15 cozys and I've begun to give them to teachers that I work with. I think that this is a memorable gift and so far I've gotten positive feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:00 PM

    You've been knitting! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippy! What a great idea for going away gifts! How are the Japanese yarn and yarn stores? We get some of the yarn here but only a couple of lines really.

    ReplyDelete