
Our dear friend and frequent blog reader, Yasuhide, is coming to America. He is so excited that he sent us this great photoshopped picture. Actually our friend Kevin, (who now resides in Nagoya) doctored the photo and then sent it to Yasuhide, who then forwarded it to Rich. Obviously the original photo was of him bowling. Yasuhide is going to be visiting the USA for the first time and is already feeling very patriotic. He will be arriving in Dallas on New Year's Eve morning and will be staying with us for about a week. (Anyone in the area for New Year's please plan on partying at our place; HUGE PARTY & ALL R INVITED!) Rich and I are thrilled that we get to play tour guide and introduce Yasuhide to America. We've already thought about doing some very stereotypical Texan things; like going to Cowboys bar to two step and ride the mechanical bull, eat some huge steaks and Mexican food, decking Yasuhide out in boots and a cowboy hat (I don't even own that stuff), going to the 6th Floor Museum and the Stockyards, go to the gun range (I've never done this, but it seems that the Japanese always want to do this b/c they don't have guns in Japan), and maybe even Six Flags to ride the coasters. There are so many more things that we can do and so little time (and we must consider jet lag).
So the Yasuhide count down begins; 102 days until we unleash Yasuhide on America.
So the Yasuhide count down begins; 102 days until we unleash Yasuhide on America.
this is an ace picture! love it! Hannah :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Hey Hey!
ReplyDeleteNo, didn't knit the beenie. Still don't really know how to. Since I have lots of free time now I should try to learn. Have you been knitting lately?
Thanks for the comments on the apt. It's home. Although it smells like a HUGE cat litter box (I'm not pleased with our apartment complex if you care to know.) from the previous tenant. We have brand new carpet, yet it still reeks.
Living in Japan definitely prepared us for floor sitting (of all things!). Long story short the couch we ordered isn't coming in till Oct something and I refuse to go get a different one, so like you we're enjoying the floor. Sitting on carpet is kinda scratchy though, isn't it?
That's awesome your friend is coming to visit you in Texas. He's such a funny and nice guy with GREAT English for never having been to the USA (maybe he's been to other English speaking countries, I don't remember).
Well, later skater!
Thank u for ur introducing me.Yes,I'm really exciting.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait.I miss Rich and Mercedes.
to nichols family
I went for trip to Guam and Hawaii for a week.That's all my experience of abroad.If I have a chance,I'll be able to meet you in
Texas!THX.
Yasuhide
Texas. See you in Texas.
YASUHIDE is a-comin' to America! That is AWESOME! The picture ROCKS! You'll DEFINITELY have to post a pic with him in all the cowboy gear in front of a Texas flag now!!
ReplyDelete