Sunday, October 28, 2007

Recently

Work, work, work....... seems like that 's all that I have to really report on. Work is going well. People are nice, no complaints. Found out that my firm gives out bonuses based upon production. They have a very efficient system of checking on our cases and seeing how fast we get them filed. Each month we have a set number of cases to file and also a billing goal. Happy to say that I'm going to reach my goal and I wasn't even working the entire month. Probably won't focus on this too much, b/c it seems that there is always work. If I just do what is given to me, I'm sure I'll meet my monthly goals. Hopefully it will result in a good bonus.

Numa Watch 2007: Well we still have Numa and now after spending $200 on vet bills, food, collar, etc. I think officially she is ours. She's doing well, however we had an odd lump incident. A few days after we found her, a baseball sized fluid filled pain free lump appeared on her body. The vet drained it and put her on antibiotics. The bump has stayed small and the vet thinks it 's possibly an old wound that got infected or even possibly a strange fat deposit. Anyway she's better and was even able to get her shots and heartworm test (all clear on that one thank goodness). Her hair is growing back and she's getting use to our routine. We've discovered the local dog parks; honestly shocked that there are three in our area. She loves to play with other dogs, so the dog park is a good way to wear her out. Honestly I enjoy having her around, especially when Rich has to work late.

Hope everyone out in SD is doing well. The fires are pretty scary. Think most everyone I know is safe and doing well. Seems that the fires were really a bit out in the burbs and away from most of my friends. Anyway, be safe and don't inhale the crazy fumes in the air. I remember back in 03 (?) when the last fires were outside of SD. The sky looked like it was snowing, but really it was ash falling. Crazy stuff.

Went to the downstairs neighbors Halloween party this past Friday. It was fun. Met some of their friends, drank some beer, played some Wii. Pretty convenient and close. Honestly I feel like I'm lacking a bit in the friend department. Think I'm just expecting to hang out with really exciting diverse people; like the ones from Japan and SD. Those types are hard to come by here. There are some good prospects at work though. I'm happy to say that the office has a pretty good mix of people. Just seems like we are all working so much, that there isn't any time to get to know anyone. Also need to join a running group or a yoga class. I'm sure to meet some interesting people that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment