Thursday, December 06, 2007

Americans are FAT!

Is there any real question as to why Americans are expanding? Just look at the photos. That is one single serving calzone. I called a little pizza shop around the corner and inquired about their calzones. They were a bargain deal of $4.50, so I asked if it was large enough for two. I honestly thought for the price, that it would be small or inedible. The woman on the receiving end of the call informed me, "Oh no, this calzone is only for one person. You need two for two people". So I ordered two. I arrived at the pizza shop and realized that the woman taking my order was rather hefty and honestly thought that one calzone was the perfect portion for one person. When I got home and unwrapped the monstrosity, Rich just laughed and we knew we needed a photo. Single serving ....... are you kidding me!!!! We ended up with calzone for dinner, lunch, and then dinner again. I must admit also that it was super oishi. Definitely a great deal for $4.50. Anyway it's surprising to me that people wonder why their waists expand and the pounds pile on ...... it's simply that we have a very skewed idea of what a proper serving of food is today. I'm not even going to talk about exercise. Just look at the food sizes. If we reduced our portions, we would definitely see some results.

Thanks Rich for posing with the calzone. I can't believe it's almost as big as his head. Crazy portion!

No comments:

Post a Comment