Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Apologies to my husband

I was a bad party planner this year. Rich's birthday snuck up on me and by the time I realized it, it was too late to plan a proper party. So I told a few people and we met up for drinks the night before his birthday. Unfortunately I didn't get a hold of any of his local long time friends. I think the lack of friends really made him blue and put a damper on the evening. So sorry. Here are a few photos. The best moment of the night was the arrival of Kat. It was so good to see a familiar face from Japan. You can't imagine how hard it is to talk about what we've done here with people who haven't traveled. There is always the polite questions, but no one really understands except others who have "been there, done that". Well Kat has and it was so nice to feel that connection. Thanks Katherine for coming out! Also I must say Mick's call from Japan and Tawnee's text were very nice surprises for the birthday boy. Anyway, I promise to plan a better birthday bash next year.

I also got Rich's family out for a birthday family dinner. I will say that what skills I lacked in party planning, I totally made up for in gift giving. This year's gift was an amazing men's spa package; could there be a better gift for a metrosexual man??? Of course not. His package includes an hour massage, a facial, and a manicure (of course tailored to and for men). Some guy at the bar made fun of my gift, obviously no one has ever pampered him. Spa trips just aren't for women anymore.

I end on a personal note, "Sorry Rich for not planning things very well. I had the best intentions, however my actions fell short. I love you and hope you won't hold a grudge for long. Hopefully this public berating and possible future ugly blog comments will be sufficient punishment/humiliation to help rectify things." Bring on the comments, I dare you.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:05 AM

    Happy Birthday Rich!!!
    Hope you had a great one!
    Enjoy the spa - I am sure it will be nothing like an onsen in Nihon but its as close as you can get LOL
    Miss you both!
    Lots of love, Mick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Happy belated birthday Bro!!! Hope all is going well in Big-D. Come back and visit again soon

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure if he got my text or not. I wish you guys were closer, cuz you KNOW I would've been there! I had a dream about our trip to Brazilian for the first time last year (last year's b-day celebration).....miss you guys LOADS....and who knows, maybe next year we can celebrate together! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete