I thought that there was only Tres Leches Cake. Never in my life have I heard of Cuatro Leches Cake. My Jamaican friend at work told me about this wonderful dessert she sometimes gets at a restaurant off of McKinney Ave. She called it Cuatro Leches. I looked at her oddly b/c never in my life had I heard of it or could imagine one more leches being added to a tres leches cake. I also considered that maybe she misunderstood the Spanish. So I came home and told Rich about it, who also had never heard of such a cake. To my surprise on Valentine's, Rich hunted down this amazing cake. It's served at La Duni. I've never been there, but if the food is half as good as the Cuatro Leches Cake, I'm definitely going to have to try it. It seriously was one of the most amazing (and probably fattening) desserts I've had in a long time. I highly recommend it; two very very high thumbs up. Here's an article about the cake and the chef that makes it.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Cuatro Leches Cake
I thought that there was only Tres Leches Cake. Never in my life have I heard of Cuatro Leches Cake. My Jamaican friend at work told me about this wonderful dessert she sometimes gets at a restaurant off of McKinney Ave. She called it Cuatro Leches. I looked at her oddly b/c never in my life had I heard of it or could imagine one more leches being added to a tres leches cake. I also considered that maybe she misunderstood the Spanish. So I came home and told Rich about it, who also had never heard of such a cake. To my surprise on Valentine's, Rich hunted down this amazing cake. It's served at La Duni. I've never been there, but if the food is half as good as the Cuatro Leches Cake, I'm definitely going to have to try it. It seriously was one of the most amazing (and probably fattening) desserts I've had in a long time. I highly recommend it; two very very high thumbs up. Here's an article about the cake and the chef that makes it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww - that was sweet of him - maybe he is much more romantic than i realized LOL
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a great valentines - sounds like you did!
M