Thursday, July 03, 2008

Finally ..............

Two months of going through the closing process and finally we are the owners of a much needed fixer-uper historical home in Oak Cliff. The Beckley house was built in 1935 and is part of a historical neighborhood. Oak Cliff is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Dallas and we believe that it is about to go through a very prosperous rebirth. We are right outside of downtown and with the increase in gas prices, I believe we will see more and more people wanting to move closer to the city centers. We got a great bargain deal, however we need to invest some time and TLC into the house. I will definitely be taking lots of photos to document the houses transformation. We believe this house is a really good investment. Definitely more to come.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:17 PM

    omedetto!
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Congrats! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! This is going to be a great project for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:10 AM

    Congrats on the purchase, yo. Now I know I have a place to crash when I come visit, sweet. Stay cool this summer.

    Also, happy belated 4th of July :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Yay, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY!!!!! I was waiting to hear when you git the place. Are you in yet? I'm excited to see what it looks like and how it will transform. Miss you both tons...and I have to find a way to visit soon.

    Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many many congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:14 AM

    That's awesome! I'm so glad for you two.

    Miss hanging out and the next time I'm in Dallas, we're getting together!

    Good luck on your home, nothing better than working on something that's all yours.

    ReplyDelete