Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wooooooo! Whoooooo!

We are reconnected to the world wide web again! Yippy! Thank you Dan for getting us online!

So much to catch up on, where do I begin. Let's see, Happy Belated New Year! I hope everyone had a great New Year. We kept it mellow and local. Right now we are staying in Victory Park with Dan. He has been a great friend that has let us crash with him while we finish the remodel. So the American Airlines Center has a huge New Year's Eve bash, which is literally right outside our apartment door. We went last year when Yasuhide was in town. Well, sad to say, but last year was definitely better than this year. The crowd was crazy so we left early. We ended up back at the apartment for a small impromptu party. Low key.

Did you make any resolutions? I always seem to make the same one. Get fit and shed some pounds. I think all women make that resolution. Why do we all think we need to loose weight? I blame it on mass media and our image driven culture. Also did you hear that one third of Americans are obese? We should ALL resolve to get fit. So here are a few more New Year's resolutions ...... blog more, get fit, run a half marathon, and keep in touch with friends and family (more often). I'm being pretty proactive about running the half marathon. I signed up with the Dallas Running Club and have begun their spring half marathon training program. They should call it their winter training program. It's been cold. The first run was this past Saturday morning at White Rock Lake. 37 degrees at 7:00 am and a gusty wind blowing off of the lake. Nice. Boy, do I miss San Diego. You know that I must be dedicated to get out and run in that type of weather.

Here are some photos from Rich's birthday back in December. Happy Belated Birthday Rich! We had a get together at a great pub in Bishop Arts. Two thumbs up for Eno's Pizza Tavern. If you like micro brews and thin crust pizza, this is the place to go. This is an area near our house on Beckley. Here are a few photos of the festivities.


On the left is Rich with a nice micro brew and a surprise German chocolate cake. Ok, I've never understood why they call the cake German chocolate? It has coconut and chocolate. Coconut doesn't at all make me think of Germany. Anyway ..... let me introduce you to our gracious roommate Dan (pictured right with his eyes closed next to Rich). Ladies, Dan is single, in his early 30's, and a successful entrepreneur. He also slightly resembles Michael Phelps. All kidding aside, he is a saint and I consider myself lucky to be friends with him. He really has helped us out the past few months.


Here's a few more photos. The one on the left is a group shot from Rich's birthday. We had a great turnout and I think Rich was truly surprised by the amount of people that came out to celebrate with him. On the right is a photo of me and my mom. Lookin' good mom! Yes, I have bangs. White people like bangs (#104), haven't you read the list. When you have a chance, check out the list of Stuff White People Like. It's pretty funny and I'm embarrassed to say that I am really white, however I do claim that quarter Japanese every chance I can. Funny, #58 is Japan. I'm sooooo white!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! I am so glad you have internet access again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 AM

    yes,I cant see u r quater japanese.u r white.I cant understand why Dan is single?

    I do say to american ladies,"Do u have eyes?"I thought Dan and Peder was perfect.anyway,I'm single,too.I do miss America.

    yasuhide

    ReplyDelete