Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tal Morrison 15K


Today I completed the Tal Morrison 15K in 1 hour, 33 minutes. I'm pretty pleased with my time. I just got back into running, so completing anything is a huge accomplishment. This was a Dallas Running Club race. Tal Morrison founded the DRC back in 1970 and started the White Rock Marathon in 1971. Today he informed the runners that he was the first one to measure the distance around the lake and that prior to him running around the lake, only the Indians ran around it. You got me with that last comment? Anyway ...... the race gives scholarships to high school runners. It's a good thing. Here are some photos of me near the finish line. I'm all in black. It was really cold this morning, so I was bundled up. I know ..... there is a guy in shorts behind me. There were many crazies out there in shorts. I like the photo on the left b/c you can see a bit of Dallas' skyline.

Rich isn't in any of the photos, b/c he was way too fast for the photographer. He finished the race in 1 hour, 6 minutes. Pretty fast! Surprisingly at around mile 7 he came across two old running mates from San Diego, Rick and Jessica. I've never featured them on the blog, however T has here. Jessica has qualified for Boston. She has really increased her speed and it's very impressive. Oh, one last note, the post race photo at the top is of my two new running buddies, Nick and Lauren. The husband and wife duo are in my pace group and I'm thankful that I met them. They've really helped me get through some of the training runs. They are convincing me to sign up for Rock to Victory half marathon in early March. I'm already signed up for the Oklahoma City Memorial half marathon in April. Maybe I can do both.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Did you know if you google:

    "Tal Morrison 15k 2009"

    Your Blog pops up #1!?!?

    Congrats - sorry I missed you, glad you saw Jes. Let's try to reconnect again soon. Very cool house as well!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete