Thursday, June 04, 2009

Baby Knitting



Rich's sister, Krystelle is having a baby girl in the fall. This was the perfect excuse to get back into knitting. Up until now, I've only knitted rectangles, squares, and triangles. I decided that this was the time to branch out and try something circular. Thanks to Shannon's suggestion (one of the contributors of "A Little Loopy" blog), I ended up with an easy baby slipper pattern. The pattern is actually called Magic Slippers and the slippers are adorable. Here are some photos. I was a bit rusty with my technique and had to redo the slippers a few times in addition to consulting my knitting book for help. Also it was my first time to use double pointed needles. I could have used circular needles, however the double pointed needles were quite a bit cheaper and I figured that I would give it a go. At one point I had four needles sticking out of these teeny tiny slippers and was using a fifth needle to knit. I should have taken a photo of that. I feel so good about the project, I'm considering knitting a baby blanket or some other fabulous baby item.



3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you decided to make these :) And they came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie9:34 AM

    Those are cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. margie4:23 PM

    So, anything new with the house?

    ReplyDelete