I have decided that the only way to post about all of the things that I have done since Rich arrived, is to do it in groups. For example photos of temples, goofy photos, parade photos, etc. So I will begin with the most embarrassing photos. Yes, you guessed it, the drunken birthday photos. Actually they aren't really that bad. It's actually many shots of us drinking and doing car bombs. We began my birthday celebration as soon as it hit midnight. We were at the Pig & Whistle in Kyoto. I know, not very Japanese, but we all wanted Guiness and there isn't a better place than a psuedo-English pub. While drinking we mingled with some Japanese businessman. One was extremely drunk and is in the background of many of the photos making funny faces. Once we were full of alcohol, we headed to Dai Ichi Ramen. If you are ever in Kyoto, you must go there! It was awesome and very cheap. The best ramen ever! So good that we ate there twice in one day. OK, here's the photos; lots of drinking pictures and absolutely no cultural Kyoto photos. Don't say that I didn't warn you. Oh and thanks to Sarah for sharing her photos. Some of them were taken by her. Thanks!
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Tipsy on my 31st
I have decided that the only way to post about all of the things that I have done since Rich arrived, is to do it in groups. For example photos of temples, goofy photos, parade photos, etc. So I will begin with the most embarrassing photos. Yes, you guessed it, the drunken birthday photos. Actually they aren't really that bad. It's actually many shots of us drinking and doing car bombs. We began my birthday celebration as soon as it hit midnight. We were at the Pig & Whistle in Kyoto. I know, not very Japanese, but we all wanted Guiness and there isn't a better place than a psuedo-English pub. While drinking we mingled with some Japanese businessman. One was extremely drunk and is in the background of many of the photos making funny faces. Once we were full of alcohol, we headed to Dai Ichi Ramen. If you are ever in Kyoto, you must go there! It was awesome and very cheap. The best ramen ever! So good that we ate there twice in one day. OK, here's the photos; lots of drinking pictures and absolutely no cultural Kyoto photos. Don't say that I didn't warn you. Oh and thanks to Sarah for sharing her photos. Some of them were taken by her. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Mercedes!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry for being late with the birthday wish. It looks like you and the gang are having a blast! I'm looking forward to meeting them.
Stu
Hey,
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are having a great time! Happy Birthday!
Faith
Hey MES! Looks like you had such a blast on your birthday! I am really enjoying you blog...keep it going! Happy Birthday again - hopefully you received our (Yuko's) card. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteIs sounds like you had a great birthday! Wish we could have all been there to share it with you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
HA! I love the ones of Rich and the ramen. Classy. Happy Brithday, I miss you!
ReplyDelete