I remember when I was a child and I went through a brief phase of watching WWF Wrestling. It was amusing b/c it was such a bizarre show and you could tell that some of the stunts were fake. Well real life sumo wrestling is definitely not a fake display of strength. This past week, Rich and I attended a sumo practice at the Wakayama Sumo Club and got to experience sumo first hand. We got to dress in sumo gear and practice with the big boys (pictured above with Rich). After stretching we then had to wrestle the real sumo wrestlers. Then we got to wrestle with other gaijin.
Here is the group stretching before the sumo matches.
Rich trying his best to take down a sumo wrestler. 
Hannah and I about to sumo each other. Click here to see the photos. They are pretty funny. Overall we had a blast even though we were both pretty sore the next day. Oh and after sumo practice we got feed chunko nabe; special sumo stew and beer. Great time!
Thanks Mercedes and Rich. Love the photos!
ReplyDeleteBeth
OK, that was pretty entertaining.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha...hilarious! Hope everyone got really sweaty! Nice to see you guys this weekend.
ReplyDeleteAllensan, Skoshi Chisai Chimpo
ReplyDeleteOMG - so funny! And nice dis on Rich by anonymous...
ReplyDeleteRich no chimpo ga okii to hiroi to nagai desu. How would you know anyway?
ReplyDeleteToo much information!
ReplyDelete