I'm a complete idiot! I broke my toe and I didn't even do it in a dramatic and exciting way. It's actually embarassing. The story goes.....we have this entry space where you must take off your shoes when you walk into our apartment. Then to proceed in you must go up a step. You must also go up a step to get into the toilet (I call it toilet, because that is all that's in the small room). Typically when I go to the toilet, I just step over the entry shoe space onto the step. Well on Thursday at about midnight, I mis-step and boom land on my side on the kitchen floor. I think I'm OK and that I may have a bruise and a stubbed toe. Oh how wrong I was. Pictured above is my deranged toe. It actually didn't hurt, in fact I tried to get Rich to put it back into place. However he stopped because it was just too messed up and we couldn't tell at the time if it was broken. So we iced it and took photos.
You can see how disturbing the dislocation was. The toe on my left foot completely covered my little toe. The next morning we headed to the hospital. The ordeal actually wasn't too difficult; I was in and out in 2 hours. The doctor immediately popped it back into it's correct place, however that's when the pain began. They took a cool digital X-ray and gave me a copy. I definitely broke it. The fracture is a twist. All that they could really do for it was tape it to the toe next to it. I have to go back next week for another X-ray to see how it's healing. I never realized how important a person's toes are until now. It's difficult to walk and it's still pretty swollen. Once I got home I had a few visitors with nice cakes. Last thing I need when I can't walk and exercise is fattening and delicious pastries to ingest. Even knowing that, I still enjoyed every last bite of them, with Rich's help.On another note; suppose to have internet up and running tomorrow. Cross your fingers.
Ouch!! Looks painful! We missed you and Rich at frisbee, but hopefully your itty bitty toe will be feeling genki again soon! Take care!
ReplyDelete