Tuesday, July 25, 2006

One Down & One to Go

It's official. I've been here a year. I can't believe that it has been a full year. Today I got my new contract. I had to go to the Board of Education and they gave me a small certificate (the contract) and then the superintendent (actually he wasn't there, so some lower level dude I've never seen before) read the certificate to me. The ceremony took place in the hallway of an office; very formal. So I've commited myself to the system until this time next year. In review, the past year has been fun and I've done some amazing things. I hope the next year is just as exciting. Near future adventures include: climbing Mt. Yarigatake (Japan's 5th tallest mountain), with Hannah and her man Jan, going to the candle festival in Koyasan, and spending some time on the beach in Shirahama.

Sorry no photo. Blogger got stymed trying to upload my photo. Attempted it about 5 times and obviously I was unsuccessful.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Congrats on your fisrt year, and best wishes for an exciting second year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:55 AM

    Hard to believe it's been a whole year already... Man, it's amazing how fast time goes by.

    Good luck with the next year, I can only imagine all the new things that you will experience and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete