
sea, sand, sun, snorkeling, Subway (yippy!), snackn, smoochn, snoozn @ Pete's, sunburn, and Shirahama! I'm sure S stands for a whole lot more, but why drag out this post. Last weekend I traveled down south (see another S) to Shirahama to meet the newbies and party with JETs from all over Wakayama. Shirahama is a famous tourist spot in our ken. It has a great beach; actually they import the sand from Australia. Also the water is wonderfully warm, clear, and quite refreshing. Shirahama is also famous for it's onsens. It's a great place to go and spend the weekend. Pictured above is me with Jenny and Tawnee.

I know that this is a silly picture to post, but it's an honest to goodness real sandwich. It's from Subway! I think I ate Subway 3 times in a little over 24 hours. Subway really isn't my choice of sandwich shops, however when you haven't seen a sandwich shop in a year, you will bow down and thank any and every conceivable god for bestowing a Subway right next to the beach. It really has been a year since I've had a proper big sandwich. I stuffed myself and I didn't even eat the really large footlong sandwich. They had really great bread also; this one has honey oat bread.

After spending hours on the beach, we all headed to Pete's house for a BBQ and to watch some local fireworks (the smoochn kind and the explosive kind). It was really nice to see old friends and to make some new ones. Well here is the
photo album.
No comments:
Post a Comment