Friday, August 10, 2007

The Latest


I'm still up in Oklahoma, staying at my mom's. Thought I would head back down to Texas this weekend, but now I'm not so sure. I guess I will get back there when I get back there. Anyway I've been spending time with my Mom and Chuck. I've been to lunch a few times with my Grandma. She is so kawaii. Had dinner with my Dad, his wife Rhonda, and one of her kids, Chase. Seems life has been revolving a bit around meals, what else do you do when it's hot. The weather is ridiculously hot so don't really want to be outside too long; heat index over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Um, I've been icky, fluid down the back of the throat stuff and loss of voice. Think the flight messed up my sinuses. Then in addition, I'm back to having allergy issues. I always had problems with my sinuses and allergies living in the south. Going to start daily doses of preventative meds for it. Oh, I've been applying for jobs. School is about to start, so I've been filling out multiple school district applications for any last minute middle school science positions. Surprisingly the pay is really pretty decent for teachers in north Texas. Each district has obnoxiously long on-line applications (with essays) that take over an hour to complete. I feel my stress level rise as soon as I begin one. The worst part is that some of the applications will erase your data if you don't get it all filled out in one sitting. Yuck! Hopefully something will come along soon. Good news, Rich's mom is doing a lot better. She is out of the hospital and her test results show daily improvement. We are so pleased. Well that's the latest; not too exciting. Here are some photos from lunch last weekend. The photo above is of Rich with Rory (5 years old) and Cole (7 years old), my sister's kids. They adore Rich and latched onto him as soon as they saw them. Funny, Rory turned to me at one point and said, "Didn't you come to my house one time?" Don't think she quite knows who I am, however there is no doubt about Rich. The photo below on the left is of Meagan (my sister) and Rory; better known as MiniMeagan. Then there's Rory again hamming it up with Rich.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    heya, really glad ur having a good time back home! does it feel sureal to be back or are u settled? good luck with the job hunting :-)

    ReplyDelete