OK ...... let me preface by stating how I feel about religion. Basically "to each his own" is my theory. I personally am not a spiritual person. I believe in being good and doing the right thing. If you personally want to believe and worship God, Buddha, Allah, Santa Claus, or the Loch Ness monster ..... that's your personal choice and freedom. I hold no grudges or judgment; unless you are a fanatical loony (of any religion) and then I will scrutinize you thoroughly. I have many family members and friends who are active members of churches, synagogues, shrines, and mosques. I also have many friends and family who don't believe in anything. So be it! OK .... now I believe it is safe to proceed.So last week at work, Rich calls and needs help. He asks me for directions to the offices of GodTube. I said "What?" I then googled it and sure enough it's a You Tube version for religion. God has come to your computer, however his main office is in Plano, Texas. The thing that really made me giggle though is the bit at the bottom of the page; "GodTube", "Broadcast Him", "Jesus 2.0" (I must stop here). Jesus 2.0! I love it, it's a series thing. Maybe Jesus 1.0 wasn't good enough, so they had to upgrade him. Now GodTube's premise is that it "is a video-driven social network designed for both Christians and non-Christians to share the message and love of Christ. We are a family-friendly site where people of all ages, races, backgrounds, and nationalities can share and belong (direct from their site). Well I do applaud that. One thing I hate are people that exclude others, especially so called morally religious people. I think one thing religion should convey is that people are different and you should accept anyone and everyone, even if they aren't as religious as you (or not at all). So good for GodTube for being open or at least openly saying that they are open. Further investigation of GodTube by Rich and my Chuck do reveal some fanatics though (I know fanatics are everywhere). They came across a video that tries to prove some conspiracy theory about NASA covering up proof of God in space. The video seemed forever long and they showed NASA footage and pointed out that God was in fact out there in some shiny debris and that NASA cut away from the space feed on purpose so that they wouldn't have to admit and have proof that God does in fact exist ........... in space.
I saw this! They had this spoof of this old lady rapping about god. It was pretty funny. Being married to a serious christian has tempered my thoughts on christianity, but I think you're right in saying the fanatics (which ever side they're on) give a bad name to whatever they're preachin'.
ReplyDelete