Monday, December 10, 2007

An Ode to Numa

Rich sometimes sings Numa a song. "Numi, numi, numi-chan, numi-chan, numi-chan, numi, numi, numi-chan." I know ........ her name is Numa and not Numi, however he does it in a really squeaky high voice and she gets really excited. She has an erratic irregular (it doesn't swing in one direction) swinging helicopter tail that flops around when he sings it. Numa is settling in to our routine well. She's a pretty good girl. Since we found her, we've dealt with a huge baseball size fluid cyst on her body (which got drained and she took a weeks worth of antibiotics), shots, destruction of two pairs of flip flops, numerous gate escapes and chases, life in a crate, finding the local dog parks, and one area of carpet being destroyed. I must say that all of that happened within the first month. Now she only chews on what we give her, she stays in the backyard without a leash, is a super healthy 65 lb. puppy (that's pretty heavy especially when she sleeps on you at night), and lives in our (I mean her) bedroom all day. She makes me laugh. She pounces like a puppy and insists upon play biting us to get attention. I honestly cringe when I think what possibly could have happened to her if she had gone to a shelter. Currently the local shelters are packed and larger dogs are staying 3-4 months before getting adopted. Also I think that her cyst would have been reason enough for the shelters to have put her to sleep. I'm glad we saved her. Enjoy the recent photos of Numa; chewing on her bone, chewing on my foot, demonstrating downward dog (she is super flexible), and up close and personal with my camera.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:55 AM

    such a sweet heart! i'm glad she found you guys, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete